Preferred by Nature (formerly known as NEPCon) is a non-profit organisation that supports better land management and business practices that benefit people, nature and the climate.
We do this through a unique combination of sustainability certification services, projects supporting awareness raising, and capacity building.
For more than 25 years, we have worked to develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on land use, primarily through forest, agriculture and climate impact commodities, and related sectors such as tourism and conservation.
The schemes we are working with:
- FSCTM Chain of Custody
- FSCTM Forest Management
- PEFC Chain of Custody
- PEFC Forest Management LegalSourceTM
- EUDR Monitoring
- EUTR Monitoring
- Sustainable Biomass Program (SBP)
- Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)
- Carbon Footprint Management
- Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP)
- Union for Ethical BioTrade (UEBT)
- GLOBALG.A.P (Global Good Agricultural Practice)
- Sustainable Tourism
- Sustainability Framework
- Ecosystem Restoration
- Better Cotton Initiative
- CAFE Practices
- CanopyStyle Audits