Obligations of data controllers under the new General Data Protection Regulation
This Privacy Statement contains information on the following issues:
- When will the new General Data Protection Regulation begin to apply?
- Will the new Regulation on personal data controllers processing data outside the European Union apply?
- What is the “Joint Administrators” figure?
- What are the obligations for data controllers and processors with respect to the new General Data Protection Regulation?
- When is the controller and the processor obliged to designate a Data Protection Officer?
- Which rights of the data subject must be adhered to by the controller under the General Data Protection Regulation?
- Does the new regulation introduce stricter control over personal data processors?
- Do personal data controllers in Bulgaria have to register with the Commission for Personal Data Protection as they have done so far?
- How will the supervision of compliance with the new legal framework on personal data protection be implemented?
- Should data controllers comply with the new Regulation if they process only personally-identifiable personal data?
- Are the data controllers obliged to provide a higher level of protection for children’s personal data?
Source: Commission for personal data protection